Could you sign the enclosed petition and forward an email to your friends
Hello! I’ve started the petition “President Barack Obama: STOP SLAVERY PROHIBIT SOLITARY CONFINEMENT” and need your help to get it off the ground. Will you take 30 seconds to sign it right now: Here’s the link: http://www.change.org/p/president-barack-obama-stop-slavery-prohibit-solitary-confinement
Here’s why it’s important: Solitary confinement is unconstitutional, cruel and unusual punishment in violation of the United States Constitution. Many of the prisoners are in Solitary confinement for the same crimes that were committed by other members of society, who are not held in solitary confinement. This is mass incarceration of the black community. solitary Confinement can be classified as isolation, Control Units, Supermax prisons, the Hole, SHUs, Administrative Segregation, Maximum Security, or permanent lockdowns.
This is also classified as Systematic Policies and Condition of Control and Oppression Used in Isolation and Segregation which include:
(1) Confinement behind solid steel door for 23 hours;
(2) Limited contact with other human beings;
(3) Infrequent phone calls and rare non-contact family visits Extremely limited access to rehabilitative or educational programming.
(4) Grossly inadequate medical and mental health treatment.
(5) Restricted reading material and personal property.
(6) Physical torture such as hog-tying, restraint chairs, and forced cell extraction.
(7) Mental torture such as sensory deprivation, permanent bright lighting, extreme temperatures and forced insomnia
(8) Sexual intimidation and violence.
People should support this petition; because solitary confinement is unconstitutional. We have more slavery today than they had during the time of President Lincoln’s Administration. There are 80,000 people held in solitary confinement and 80% are black which is 64,000 black people. We are still living in the dark ages of oppression. People were not born to live in cages. This is unconstitutional and against the law. These people held in solitary confinement are in desperate need of medical treatment. People held in solitary confinement should only be held for nor more than eight hours.
You can sign my petition by clicking here.
Thanks! Frank Palumbo